24 April, 2011

Another year...

At 1550 hrs Central Time today, 24th April, I will have turned 24. It's an interesting feeling at this point in the ball game. I guess I should be used to it all things considered, but for some reason I'm not.

This time last year, I had just moved to LA from a miserable little suburb of the FBI's most dangerous American city and immediately started a new school. A school that turned out to be a very poor match for me, but that's another story. I was only full time for a year, and my hormone therapy was still pretty damn early. And I made some strange decisions at times. Hey, I was single and lonely. It nearly got me raped - again.

Part of what has strengthened me has been not only learning from my experiences, but learning what not to do. I have developed a new appreciation for self defense and pro active caution. And part of how I have healed from this has been to talk through it. I would wish it on no one, and I suppose that's why I try to be mindful of warning others.

In the past year, I've met the most amazing woman in the world. Her being here in my life has really changed a  lot about me, in ways I never would have thought. And all in good ways, too. I guess I never thought I'd really be wearing a ring, either. I'm incredibly happy.

And I'm happy for one other thing. My incongruence towards my genitals has been a life long struggle, and I was fortunate enough to be able to fix it early in my life. Seems like I can finally have a new goal. Of course, there are many goals in our lives at any given time, but I know one thing is for sure:

I'm gonna be a fucking rock star.

1 comment: