06 January, 2011

Day 4

I'm sitting here at 00:30 in the morning completely unable to sleep. Don't know why, I mean, I really shouldn't be. But I'm hyper, and there are two reasons.

Reason #1, and it comes with a question. Is it wrong to have your own band's songs stuck in your head so bad you have to listen to an entire unreleased album of it? That's not too narcissistic, is it? I hope not. But really, I love my band. If you don't know who I'm talking about, I guess I need to start talking about God's Weapon a bit more. Later, when I get back home.

Reason #2 comes from probably I shouldn't have had that diet pepsi a couple hours ago. I haven't had much in the way of caffeine since I left, so I think it hit me a little harder than normal.

So, as for today's events. For the most part same as yesterday, though I did more walking around. It was a lot easier. I also got my hair washed. That was very MUCH needed. I hate having dirty, greasy hair, and one of the nurses was kind enough to take care of me as I leaned into a shower over my walker. I'm pathetic, I suppose, but I really wouldn't need the walker if I didn't have so much packing shoved up my...yeah, you get the idea.

Anyways, later on Dr. Pichet came in to tell me what was next. Friday is going to be a big day, it seems. I start by getting knocked out for a quick labia touch up. He prefers waiting a couple days for this so as to get a more accurate visage after the swelling goes down. I can't complain, y'know. As long as it looks decent and feels good. And quite frankly, having my testes out of my already feels a helluva lot better.

This is apparently an outpatient procedure normally, since by the end of it all my packing and catheter will be out for good and I'll be discharged to the hospital by evening. I'll be back a few times for follow up checks as things heal, and that's when I'll start dialating. All I need after that will be my documents certifying all of this and the doctor's note for when I can return to work. Glad I have a job where I don't have much heavy lifting. Well, not counting the band - bass cabs are fuckin' HUGE!

The only final thing I can say about how I feel so far is that I'm not sore anymore, just tired of the cumbersome nature of the packing. I will say, without specificity, that I can tell I have "good sensation" so far based on what I can feel so far. I'll leave the gory details out of it.

Until next time, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment